- 12-amp motor and all ball-bearing construction maximizes performance for demanding applications
- Variable-speed capability with no-load speeds of 0-600/0-3,500 RPM
- Electronic module sustains chosen speed under load for smoother finish and better result
- Wool ingestion shields increase tool life and reduce costs associated with servicing
- Backed by a 90-day money-back guarantee, a one-year free service contract, and a three-year limited warranty
- Polisher combines power and finesse for auto and boat detailing and metal finishing
DEWALT’s DWP849X 7-inch/9-inch variable-speed polisher with soft start offers the best of power and performance thanks to its 12-amp motor and variable-speed capabilities. Whether you’re polishing cars and boats for detailing projects or finishing metal and concrete surfaces, the feature-packed DWP849X delivers the pace and control necessary for applications often undertaken by metal fabricators, paint specialists, auto and boat detailers, and DIYers alike.
The DWP849X’s commanding 12-amp motor delivers 1,250 max watts out and 0-600/0-3,5000 RPM to power through demanding applications, yet the conveniently located two-finger variable-speed trigger allows you to maintain complete control no matter the momentum. The all ball-bearing construction and heat-treated precision-cut steel gears further ensure long-term durability and smooth operation. Plus, it’s equipped with DEWALT’s exclusive Controlled Finishing System with soft start, which provides improved speed control and finish quality. Integrated wool ingestion shields increase the polisher’s lifespan and reduce costs associated with servicing and repairs.
All that power doesn’t compromise on user comfort, though, thanks to the DWP849X’s light 6.7-pound weight that allows you to polish and finish surfaces over longer run times and at various angles. Additionally, it comes with a three-position bale handle along with the traditional side handle, expanding the number of gripping options to best tackle the project at hand. The rear handle is ergonomically sculpted with a rubber overmold to further improve comfort, and the non-marring rubber gear case cover helps to minimize finish scratches or scuff marks—combining the best of form and function for any polishing needs.
The DWP849X’s included hook-and-loop backing pad makes for quick and easy tool-free accessory changes, and the DWP849X is compatible with a variety of hook-and-loop accessories from any number of brands to maximize options depending on the application.