This Makita 5 in. SJS Angle Grinder combines 12 Amp variable speed power in a lightweight design with motor-protection features for longer-lasting stone grinding and polishing performance. It’s engineered with Makita’s innovative Super Joint System (SJS) technology to protect the motor from gear damage by allowing the drive shaft to slip if the wheel is forced to stop. A 5-stage, variable speed dial lets you match RPMs to the application. Smart, labyrinth-style construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for a longer tool life. The grinder weighs just 4 lbs. and features a versatile side handle that can be installed on either side of the tool.
- Electronic Controller for Increased Durability
- Has Super Joint System to help prevent motor and gear damage
- Tool has a 1-year limited warranty from date of purchase
- Includes angle grinder, 5 in. grinding wheel, lock nut wrench, side handle, lock nut, inner flange, tool-less wheel guard
- Powerful 12 Amp motor delivers 2800-10,500 RPM
- Super joint system (SJS) technology disengages the motor if the grinding wheel catches or binds, preventing gear damage
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Electronic current limiter helps protect the motor from overload
- Zig-zag varnish protects the armature coil from dust and debris for longer tool life
- Slide switch with lock-on setting for continuous use
- 1-year warranty
- Includes: 4-1/2 in. grinding wheel (741423-0), lock nut wrench (782412-6), side handle (153489-2), lock nut (193465-4), inner flange (224378-9), “Tool-less” wheel guard (135108-2)
There are no reviews yet.