Makita 5 in. SJS Angle Grinder combines 13 Amp power and variable speed with comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting industrial performance. The 9565PCV is engineered with Makita’s innovative SJS mechanical clutch system to protect the gears for longer tool life. The 9565PCV is powered by a 13 Amp motor that delivers 2,800 – 10,500 RPM, with soft start for smooth start-ups. Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life. In addition, the protective zigzag varnish seals the motor and bearings from dust and debris by creating a barrier under rotation. The 9565PCV is engineered with SJS, an innovation from Makita that protects the gears by automatically disengaging the motor should the grinding wheel accidentally catch or bind. The 9565PCV weighs only 5.3 lbs. and is built with comfort and ergonomic features for extended use. In addition, the side handle can be easily installed on either side of the tool as well as the top and the “tool-less” wheel guard adjustment provides easy clamping. The large paddle switch with lock-off is designed for more comfortable operation. The 9565PCV is a versatile and powerful grinder engineered for demanding applications including cutting, ferrous metal, paint and rust removal, shipyard maintenance, heavy machinery, metal polishing, general steel grinding, auto repair work, cutting brick and masonry and restoration work.
- Powerful 13.0 Amp motor and variable (2,800 – 10,500) RPM
- SJS technology is a mechanical clutch system protecting motor
- Variable speed control dial/match the speed to the application
- Powerful 13 Amp motor delivers more output and variable (2,800 – 10,500) RPM for the most demanding applications
- SJS technology is a mechanical clutch system that helps prevent motor and gear damage by allowing the drive shaft to slip if the wheel is forced to stop
- Variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application
- Electronic controller provides constant speed control which automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load
- Electronic controller provides soft-start which is designed to suppress start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Electronic controller provides an electronic current limiter which helps protect the motor from overload in high torque applications
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life
- Refined design at only 5.3 lbs. for reduced operator fatigue
- Large paddle switch with lock-off for comfortable operation
- Tool-less wheel guard adjustment for easy adjustment
- Compact design at only 12-1/8 in. long
There are no reviews yet.