The 5 in. X-LOCK Angle Grinder (GA5080) offers X-LOCK technology for up to 5-times faster accessory changes than traditional threaded locknut mounting. A click-mount and pull release lever make changing wheels easy. The GA5080 offers a powerful 13.0 AMP motor for more output for demanding applications. The GA5080 is a versatile and powerful grinder engineered for demanding applications including cutting, ferrous metal, paint and rust removal, shipyard maintenance, heavy machinery, metal polishing, general steel grinding, auto repair work, cutting brick and masonry, and restoration work. The grinder is built for welders, fabricators, plumbers, masons, electricians, automotive technicians, stone and tile workers, HVAC, and general contractors seeking a best-in-class industrial quality angle grinder. It features SJS Technology, a mechanical clutch system that helps prevent motor and gear damage by allowing the drive shaft to slip if the wheel is forced to stop. The labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life. In addition, the armature is sealed by a protective zig-zag varnish which prevents contamination by creating a barrier under rotation. The ball bearing design and metal gear housing provide increased durability. Other features include constant speed control, soft start, and slide switch with lock-on for continuous use.
- Compatible only with X-LOCK Accessories
- Easy click-and-release for tool-less wheel change
- Powerful 13 AMP motor for the most demanding applications
- X-LOCK quick change system allows for tool-free wheel changes with an easy Snap-On mounting and fast change-outs by simply pulling a release lever
- Powerful 13 AMP motor delivers more output for the most demanding applications
- SJS technology is a mechanical clutch system that helps prevent motor and gear damage by allowing the drive shaft to slip if the wheel is forced to stop
- Quick guard rotation allows easy tool-less adjustment for increased productivity
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Electronic current limiter helps protect the motor from overload
- Slide switch with lock-on setting for continuous use
- Gear housing cover with labyrinth construction seals the drive gear and bearings from dust and debris for increased durability
- Zig-zag epoxy applied to the armature coils is designed to protect from harmful debris while maintaining proper heat dissipation for longer life
- Compact design at only 12-1/4 in. L and weighs only 5.7 lbs.
- Only compatible with X-LOCK accessories
There are no reviews yet.